Friday, October 05, 2007

Saturday Preview


Coach Fulmer Comments


“Georgia is a very good football team, offensively and defensively as well as in the kicking game. Even during the course of this week, our focus will continue to be on us, getting where we need to be along with working on the Georgia schemes. As you look at Georgia, one of the most important things that we have to do is play the kicking game extremely well. They have an outstanding punter, kicker and kick returner. We must take care of the football. In the two big games, we did not do that and we lost. That is something that we absolutely must do."



“We have to play the run well, better than we have done to this point. Their two backs are quality backs, hard to tackle and certainly a challenge for anyone that plays them. “Defensively, our challenge is to be consistent in our gap patrol, playing off blocks and making the tackle. The big plays that we have given up have come from these areas that we have addressed during the open date. Offensively, we would certainly like to rush the football better."

“In the kicking game, I’m excited that Britton (Colquitt) is healthy. We do expect him to be able to kick off, and that will help us a lot as far as his hang time and distance and his ability to kick the ball deeper, higher and longer. We have a real challenge in (Mikey) Henderson, a really outstanding punt returner. I’m really happy with what Daniel Lincoln has been able to do this year for us. There is no question that the kicking game will be a big part of this ballgame."
“I like this team a lot. They have character, work ethic, and they have been very responsive to the challenges we’ve thrown out there. Certainly, we’ve been tested as a football team during the course of the year. I don’t know that anybody has played a tougher schedule than we have. All of that should make us better as we go through this SEC stretch."

"Kenny O'Neal for one who is getting ready to help. He brings speed to the receivers corps. One guy I'm really excited for is Nevin McKenzie, who moved from the defensive backfield to linebacker. He's fast and a good tackler."

Tennessee at Mississippi State Game time for Tennessee’s Oct. 13 matchup at Mississippi State has been set for 1:30 p.m. Central time. The game was not selected for telecast by any of the Southeastern Conference’s television partners, but will be available on the Vol Radio Network and PPV.



Saturday Games


Wisconsin @ Illinois (ESPN, 12:00) - Dave Pasch, Andre Ware, Erin Andrews

Erin Andrews must be saying to herself, “I could be in Atlanta sipping a margarita and watching American Gladiators on ESPN Classic instead, I have to hang out with these two ham and eggers…”



Miami @ North Carolina (ESPN2, 12:00) - Pam Ward, Ray Bentley, Rob Simmelkjaer

Pam Ward must be saying to herself, “I could be in Atlanta sipping a Pabst Blue Ribbon and watching Erin Andrews watching American Gladiators on ESPN Classic right now instead of making a fool of myself every Saturday.”

Georgia @ Tennessee (CBS, 3:30) - Craig Bolerjack, Steve Beurelein

I personally will kiss the President of CBS Sports ass in the middle of Peyton Manning Pass and Phillip Fulmer Drive on gameday for not sending “The Genius” Gary Dainelson to cover the UT-UGA game.



Oklahoma v. Texas (ABC, 3:30) - Brad Nessler, Bob Griese, Paul Maguire, Bonnie Bernstein

I wish I could be a cheeseburger salesman in Dallas. Once Manure sees Bevo, there won’t be a cheeseburger to be found in Dallas. When you tell Manure to haul ass, he has to make two trips.





Arizona State @ Washington State (FSN, 4:00) - Barry Tompkins, Petros Papadakis, Michael Eaves

Barry Tompkins. That guy is so old, he was the sideline reporter for the David vs. Goaliath fight. On a brighter note, my boy Petros is going to be in Pullman this week, in case you were wondering. Judging by the emails I’ve received, you haven’t. However, I did get a picture of my boy working it with the USC Song Girls. Hit me on the one time, my Brotha!

Virginia Tech @ Clemson (ESPN, 6:00) - Mike Patrick, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe

The winner of the Week #1 sexiest sideline reporter, Holly Rowe, will be in Clemson this weekend. I had an email from a fan who said his fantasy is to hook up with Holly after a game. Get a bottle of Jack, a few cigars, then get naked while reading ESPN’s College Football Encyclopedia. As Ed O’Neil (Glenn the doughnut shop manager) said in Wayne’s World, “Well, the world is a twisted place…”





Central Florida @ East Carolina (CSTV, 7:30) - Tom Hart, Trev Alberts

Hey, is that Trev’s face, of did his neck throw up?

Florida @ Louisiana State (CBS, 8:00) - Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, Tracy Wolfson

You know, I would like to see things from “The Genius” Dainelson’s point of view. But I would have to get my head out of my ass to do so.

Nebraska @ Missouri (ESPN, 9:15) - Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham, Jack Arute

“The King” will be on the big stage Saturday night for those of you who would like to listen to the best announcer in college football.


Blog of the week

There is another great UT Football blog out there you should check out. It is at http://utvolsfootball.blogspot.com. There are several great news items on there, as well as some tee-hees so make sure to check it out! Among the items of jockularity, check out this picture





Mailbag

I told all my Vol friends to check your site out and to send some e-mail of their own to show their support. I am like the other guy on here who said , "COME HELL OR HIGH WATER, I WILL STILL BE A VOLUNTEER"

I have been a VOL for 47 years, and I ain't gonna quit now !!!!

GO VOLS !!!
BEAT THEM DAWGS !!!!!

PFC Tim Munsey
BIG ORANGE ARMY
FIRST INFANTRY DIVISION
EAST TENNESSEE REGION

Thanks, Tim. It is the loyal Vol fans like you that make me look forward to writing this blog, and for sharing in all the fun we have every football season.

Listen, I am doing all I know to do. Today I spent the day on the Tennessee River bass fishing and beholding nature. down below Guntersville dam. I also dropped a token Tennessee quarter into the lake channel for good luck. I feel relatively good about it. But you are right as usual, sir. If the rushing d shows up and can get some pressure... then our db's have to step up and make some plays. I feel like our defense just needs a couple of shots in the arm, and they'll be fine. I feel pretty good about it.

Paul Vol
Somewhere in Alabma

GO VOLS!


Another great post by a great Vol fan, Paul Vol. If the Vols win, will you take me to Vegas? All the stuff you do for good luck has to pay off somewhere, right? ;)

All right, Vol fans, UT vs. UGA on CBS at 3:30, you won't want to miss it. Until then, rub those orange and white rosary beads, repeat your game maxims and never take Coach Fulmer's name in vain. Go Big Orange!

No comments: